|M V Publications – 2013
- Effect of Spironolactone and Amiloride on Thiazolidinedione – induced fluid retention in south Indian patients with type 2 Diabetes. Vijay V, Mohan V, Subramani P, Parthasarathy N,Subramaniyam G, Manoharan D, Sundaramoorthy C, Gundi L, Karalliedde J, Viberti G, Clin J Am Soc Nephrology 2012.
- Problems associated with diabetes care in India. Vijay V, Rao VN. Diabetes Management 2013; 3(1): 31 – 40.
- The cost of treating long term diabetic complications in a developing country: A study from India. Satyavani K, Hemalatha K, Tharkar S, Vijay V. JAPI. 2013: 61(2): 102 – 109.
- Stromal cell – derived factor (SDF - 1ß) Gene single nucleotide polymorphism st position G801A is associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in a south Indian population. Dhamodharan U, Ezhilarasi K, parthiban M, Rama Rajaram, Indira P, Vijay V. Int J Genetic Eng 2013, 3(1): 1 – 5.
- Managing diabetic foot infection in India. Vijay V, Rao VN. Int J Lower Extremity Wounds. 2013
- Relationship between Retinal – Renal complications among type 2 diabetic subjects in India. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Tilak P, Archana K. Int J Diab & vas disease and Res (IJDVR). 2013; 1(2): 1 – 9.
- Screening of patients with diabetes mellitus for tuberculosis in India. India Diabetes Mellitus – Tuberculosis study Group. Trop Med Int Health 2013; 18(5): 646 – 54.
- Comparison of exercise regime between adults with type 2 diabetes and healthy subjects. Sripriya S, Ramya G, satyavani K, Vijay V. TAPIJ Vol 5(2): 7 – 12.
- Saxagliptin / Metformin: A Review. TAPIJ Vol 5(2): 23 – 25.
- Case Discussion: Quiz. Vijay V and Jaiganesh M. TAPIJ Vol 5(2): 34 – 35.
- Evaluation of diabetes self-care with self-monitoring of blood glucose among type 2 diabetic patients and its impact on HbA1c. Shaji S, Dhanalakshmi R, Satyavani K, Vijay V. IJDDC 2013; 33(3): 181 -182.
- Insulin resistance and cardio metabolic abnormalities among overweight South Indian children: chennai slim and fit programme. Tharkar S, Devarajan A, Kumpatla S, Muthukumaran P, Viswanathan V. Indian J Community Med. 2013 Apr;38(2):121-2.
- Evaluation of performance of A1c and FPG tests for screening newly diagnosed diabetes defined by an OGTT among tuberculosis patients-a study from India. Kumpatla S, Aravindalochanan V, Rajan R, Viswanathan V, Kapur A. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013 Oct;102(1):60-4.
- Characteristics of patients with diabetes screened for tuberculosis in a tertiary care hospital in South India S. Kumpatla, A. Sekar, S. Achanta, B. N. Sharath, A. M. V. Kumar, A. D. Harries, Vijay V
- Bioburden vs Antibiogram of diabetic foot infection. Jenifer J, Geethalakshmi S, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Clin Res Foot & ankle. 2013; 1(3) (open access)
- Prevalence of residual bladder and associated risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes seen in a tertiary care centre. Burman H, Patel R, Rekha K, Satyavani K, Suresh M, Vijay V. TAPIJ 2013; 5 (3): 6 – 11.
- Case Discussion: Quiz. Vijay V and Jaiganesh M. TAPIJ 2013; 5(3); 20 – 21.
- Minimizing the risk of Hypoglycemia with Gliptins. Vijay V and Jaiganesh M. Hyperglycemic & Hypoglycemic emergencies in diabetes mellitus. 1st ed, Ed by Ashok Kumar Das, 2013 published by Micro Labs Ltd (Book Chapter)
- The Double Burden of tuberculosis and diabetes in India. Muruganathan A, Vijay V API – Medicine update 2013; 152 – 155. (Book Chapter)
- Delivering an Effective foot care for people with Diabetes. Vijay V Chapter 50, API – Medicine Update 2013; 223 – 226. (Book Chapter)
- Indian National Consensus Group: National Guidelines on initiation and intensification of insulin therapy with premixed insulin analogs. Das AK, Sahay BK, Seshiah V, Mohan V, Muruganathan A, Ajay Kumar, Vijay V etal. Chapter 51, API – Medicine Update 2013: 227 – 236. (Book Chapter)
|M V Publications – 2012
- Prevalence of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes and hypertension in India – results from the screening India's twin epidemic (SITE) study. Shanshank R J, Banshi S, Vijay V. Diab tech and Therapeutics 2012; Vol 14 (1): 1 – 8
- α2 Heremans schmid glycoprotein (AHSG) gene Thr 256 Ser polymorshism in type 2 diabetes among south Indians. Ezhilarasi K, thanigaivelan K, Parthiban M, Vijay V. Int J Cureent Res, 2012; 4(3): 107 – 111
- Is HSP 70-hom (C2437T) single nuleotied polymorphism (SNP) associatd with diabetic foot u;cer (DFU) among south Indian population?. Dhamodharan u, Ezhilarasi K, Parthiban M, Rama R, Indira P, Vijay V. J Dia Foot Compli, 2012; 4 (2)No: 3 : 57 – 62.
- Prevalence of diabetes and pre diabetes and associated risk factors among Tuberculosis patients in India. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Vigneswari A, Rajeswari R, Chinnaswamy C, Rajan S, Selvam J M, Kapur A. Plos ONE 2012 7 (7): 1 -8
- Impact of awareness programme on prevention of childhood obesity among school children in a metropolitan city – Chennai slim and fit programme. Vignewswari A, Manikandan R, Satyavani K, Rajeswari R, Vijay V. J Edu and practice, 2012; 3 (9); 88 – 94.
- Risk associated with the development of overt nephropathy in typw 2 diabetes patients: A 12 years observational study. Vijay V, Tilak P, Satyavani K. IJMR, 2012; 136 (1): 46 – 53.
- Association of A1538G and C2437T single nucleotide polymorphisms in heat shock protein 70 genes with type 2 diabetes. Dhamodharan U, Ezhilarasi K, Parthiban M, Rama Rajaram, Indira padmalayam, Vijay V. Labmedicine Fall 2012; 43(6): 250 – 255.
- Olmesartan Medoxomil. Vijay V. TAPIJ 2012; 4(1): 20 – 21.
- Linagliptin. Vijay V TAPIJ 2012; 4 (2): 14 – 17.
- Bias and barriers influencing patients' attendance towards diabetes education programme. Sripriya S, satyavani K, Vijay V. TAPJ 2010; 4 (3): 1 -7
- Improving diabetes care: Multi-component cardiovascular disease risk reduction strategies for people with diabetes in south asia – The CARRS multi-centre translation trial. Shah S, Kavitha singh, Ali MK, Mohan V, Kadir MM,Unnikrishnan AG, Sahey RK, Varthakavi P,Mala D, Vijay V, Masood Q, Bantwal G, Rajesh K, Ankush D, etal. DRCP 2012; 98 : 285-294.
- Evaluation of Roger's charcot foot classification system in south Indian diabetic subjects with Charcot foot. Vijay V, Rajesh Kesavan, Kavitha KV, satyavani K. J Dia Foot Compli 2012; 4(3) No2: 67 – 70.
- Subjects with Type 2diabetes may have obstructive sleep apnoea even at lower BMI values. Vijay V, Ramakrishnan N, Sunaina S, Vigneswari A, Satyavani K. Ind J Sleep Med 2012; 7(2):45 – 47.
- Association of diabetes and tuberculosis--a major public health challenge. Aravindalochanan V, Viswanathan V, Kumpatla S. Indian Med Assoc. 2012 Sep; 110(9):646-8.
- Lipsky BN, Perters EJG, Senneville E et al. Expert opinion on the management of infections in the diabetic foot. Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews 2012; 28 (Suppli 1): 163 – 178. Dr Vijay Viswanathan did the Acknowledgement in expert panel)
- Characteristics of patients with diabetes screened for tuberculosis in a tertiary care hospital in South India - S. Kumpatla, A Sekar, S.Achanta, B.N.Sharath, A.M.V.Kumar, A.D.Harries, V.Viswanathan Vol 3 Supplement 1 Published 4 November 2013 in Public Health Action.